Traditionally the holiday season hasn’t been considered an ideal time to list your home for sale. The thought being potential home buyers were too preoccupied with party planning, cookie baking and of course gift buying to be out shopping for a new home.
However, with instant access to the latest listings literally in the palm of buyers hands, the reality is, the home buying season is now year-round. Regardless of what the calendar says, serious buyers never stop looking.
If the thought of selling your home during the holiday season makes you feel a little like Scrooge, check out these 7 great reasons to list your home this holiday season:
- Relocation buyers are always out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Potential home buyers who are searching during the holidays are serious and are ready to buy now.
- You still have control over showings and can restrict them to days and times that work for you.
- Homes often look their best during the holiday season and will show beautifully. However, sellers should be careful not to overdo it on the decorations which can distract potential buyers.
- There is less competition with fewer houses on the market and your home has a good chance of standing out.
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
So even if it’s snowing outside and the holiday lights are up, with the right real estate partner it’s still a great time to list your home. Give The Garatoni Group a call at 612-821-7456 and we’ll talk through your specific situation.